Theta Lambda Chapter
Let's Stay Connected
Alpha Phi Badge
The official badge of Alpha Phi is an unjeweled monogram of gold showing the symbol of Alpha superimposed upon the symbol of Phi. Inscribed in black on the symbol Phi are the letters a, o, e. The meaning of these letters is reserved for the initiation ceremony.
The Fraternity Crest
The Fraternity Crest is the Alpha Phi coat-of-arms, adopted by Convention delegates in 1922. The shield is Bordeaux with a scroll and ivy leaf above it. Inscribed on the scroll is the public motto, Union hand in hand. A bar of silver crosses the shield from left to right; the upper half of the shield contains a Roman lamp in silver and the lower half, Ursa Major. The meaning of the symbols depicted on the crest is a significant part of the ritual witnessed at initiation. The use of the Fraternity crest is reserved for jewelry, sportswear and other Fraternity equipment befitting the dignity and honor of Alpha Phi’s heritage.
The symbol of Alpha Phi is the ivy leaf with the new member badge taking its form.
The Fraternity constellation is Ursa Major, the Great Bear. This symbol can be seen on the Alpha Phi crest and is displayed on the ceiling of the Alpha Phi Executive Office in Evanston, Illinois.
The flowers of Alpha Phi are the fragrant lily of the valley and the blue and gold forget-me-not.
Alpha Phi Bear
The mascot of Alpha Phi, the "Phi Bear," is named after Ursa Major, the Great Bear, and was adopted in 1974.
New Member Badge
In 1898 the Fraternity adopted a special badge to honor her newest members. The badge they selected is in the shape of an ivy leaf, set in silver pewter. An ever-growing vine, the ivy symbolizes the growth of the Alpha Phi sisterhood.
Symbols of Alpha Phi
The symbols of Alpha Phi are outward signs of the high regard and love we have for each other and for Alpha Phi.
Treat these symbols with respect by upholding the high ideals and standards which bind Alpha Phis throughout the world.
Alpha Phi, Theta Lambda Chapter | C- 100, 614 South College Street, Warrensburg, MO, 64093 United States |